Amman - Jordan
Reference Number BCI-JOR-181
BCI Mobile, a leading retailer & distributor of smartphones in Jordan, is pleased to announce the following job opportunity; as we’re looking for a resourceful, energetic, and result-oriented IT Support Officer, to join our team in Amman, Jordan. For more details, please review the below duties, responsibilities and requirements:
Perform effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of hardware, software, and related infrastructure.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support to all the IT systems and services provided.
- Work on escalated Incidents from the IT Service Desk, and ensure that Incidents are updated daily with meaningful updates, quality, and troubleshooting steps performed.
- Ensure that incidents are resolved within the set SLA’s.
- Ensure that priority 1 critical issues are treated in top urgency and escalated to the IT seniors’ team.
- Perform daily check-ups to ensure uptime for network performance, WIFI, meeting rooms, applications, etc.
- Provide related technical support, which includes configuring and delivering required hardware devices (laptop, desktop, printers, software, etc.), resolving hardware and software issues, and responding to daily operational support issues.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnose and solve hardware or software faults, which includes replacing damaged parts, ordering new parts when necessary, and managing maintenance cycles with vendors.
- Implement and assist in the roll-out of new applications or operating systems.
- Provide assistance to colleagues with technology-related issues.
- Monitor and support meeting rooms for video conference solutions to decrease disruption and increase the productivity of meetings, as well as ensure all meeting room techs are online and in working order.
- Work closely with the IT security team to ensure security policies and best practices are up to date and enforced.
- Enforce the IT policies and procedures, act as a custodian of the IT department, educate users on best practices, protect data, software, and hardware of the local IT infrastructure.
- Operate and maintain surveillance equipment, watch both live and recorded video surveillance footage, report incidents or suspicious behavior, and contact the authorities when necessary.
- Perform any other duties related to the job as assigned by the Direct Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or any related field.
- An IT professional certification is preferred (CCNA, MCSA, ITIL, CEH, Network+, etc.)
- 0-3 years of experience in a similar role.
If you’re interested and wish to join our team, register via our career platform, create your profile, and APPLY NOW!Apply Now