Baghdad - Iraq
Reference Number BCI-BGH-725
BCI, a leading retailer & distributor of smartphones in Iraq, is pleased to announce the following job opportunity; as we are looking for an experienced, people-oriented, and results-driven HR Section Head, to join our team in Baghdad, Iraq. We’re looking for an HR leader who can help us propel our culture to new heights, someone with great ideas and a desire to get people on board with them, someone who can promote corporate values and enable business success through human resources management. For more details, please review the below duties, responsibilities and requirements:
Manage all Human Resources functions of the company, including, but not limited to, manpower planning, talent acquisition, performance management, talent management, training & development, employee relations, and other relevant employee services, while ensuring alignment of processes with strategic objectives of the company.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in setting and developing HR department objectives, KPIs and action plans, to ensure alignment with the strategic objectives of the company.
- Verify the accuracy of the HR system updates and schedules related to compensation and benefits against the grading structure.
- Contribute and participate in setting and developing the department’s budgets, and monitor expenditures against the budget.
- Review and revise HR policies and procedures to ensure proper implementation.
- Oversee all operations related to the payroll calculation to ensure accuracy, validity, and disbursement within the specified time to achieve employee satisfaction.
- Develop and validate staff Key Performance Indicators and follow-up performance through the effective implementation of actions, in order to contribute to the achievement of the strategic objectives.
- Develop and administer human resources plans and procedures that are related to company personnel.
- Manage the company wage and salary structure, pay policies, and oversee the variable pay systems within the company including bonuses and raises.
- Obtain cost-effective, employee-serving benefits; monitor national benefits environment for options and cost savings in coordination with the direct supervisor.
- Manage the on-boarding and orientation programs of new employees.
- Conduct exit interviews with the resigned employees, and provide feedback to the direct supervisor and management regarding trends revealed in exit interviews.
- Manage and lead the standard talent acquisition practices and procedures to attract, select and hire talented people.
- Establish an in-house employee training system that addresses company training needs including training needs analysis, onboarding and orientation, employee development, the measurement of training impact, training return on investment, and training transfers.
- Lead the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development plans (PDPs) and employee development programs.
- Offer counseling services to employees, effectively manage employee complaints, and liaise between employees and management, to resolve conflict in the workplace.
- Conduct surveys and interviews with various levels of employees to understand their problems when necessary, and investigate the factors that affect the performance, morale, and productivity of employees.
- Evaluate work-related problems by taking appropriate measures and discussing with the management to design plans of action accordingly.
- Attend conferences and meetings, as employee-management liaison, to facilitate communication between management and employees.
- Coordinate employee recognition programs and events such as, Employee of the Month, Manager of the Year, etc.
- Consult and advise management to ensure compliance with legal and administrative requirements.
- Represent the company in contract negotiations, meetings, or conferences related to the HR Department.
- Advise and train managers and supervisors on best employee relations practices and strategies for managing employee grievances.
- Explain company laws, regulations, policies and procedures to managers, supervisors, and employees, in order to maintain an up-to-date awareness of legislation and ensure compliance.
- Focus on creating and delivering people practices that develop and maintain a healthy environment and positive working relationships between the management and employees, and ensure employee engagement is maintained within the work environment.
- Perform any other duties related to the job as assigned by the direct supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or any related field.
- 6-9 years of experience in the HR field (4 years in a managerial position).
- Professional HR certification is a plus (PHRi, SPHRi, SHRM-CP, etc.)
If you’re interested and wish to join our team, submit your resume to the following email address Careers.Iraq@bcimobile.com or register via our career platform, create your profile, and APPLY NOW!Apply Now